Thursday, March 11, 2010

soldier is coming home!!!

So I dont really have anything to post about! Im just super bored and thought "hey why not do a post!". So here I am.

Things are going good. We are all getting ready to have our Soldier back home. Seriously its March already and he gets home in April. I cant believe that Kyle has been gone for a year already. I know last March all I kept saying is not again and I dont know how im going to do this. I thought this is going to take forever and im going to be alone for A YEAR!!! Well the year has come and gone and really this time it wasnt half as bad as his first deployment. I think the worst part for me is Kyesun was 6 years older then before and he MISSED his dad like you wouldnt believe. We got to talk to Kyle alot more and got to skype with him and he was in a safer place than last and he had a safer job. So it wasnt bad. Sure he missed Konner being Born, Kyesuns birthday, My birthday, Kaybens Birthday. But all that doesnt Compare to him being safe and being able to come home and be with us for forever. His first deployment was soooo scary. I would go weeks without hearing from him and when he did call if I missed it I would fall to the ground crying. It was the worst feeling to miss his calls. He was gone the first time for 16 months. and so at least this time its only 13 months. I am grateful for Kyle and his unit. Im so thankful for my freedom in which sometime I take for granted. I am thankful to have a strong husband who was able to talk to me throughout my delivery and still have a smile on his face even though he couldnt be there to hold and see his son. I am thankful to have such a strong support system. I am THANKFUL for my MOM!!!! Without her I would be lost and wouldnt have been able to do this without her! I am thankful for the comfort that I get from my heavenly father! Today I am Thankful!

 I cant even began to tell you how much these boys miss him. Kayben chats his ear off every time he sees and talks to kyle. He cant seem to stop saying dadda when he sees kyle. He gets the biggest smile on his face! Kyesun looks forward to EVERY saturday. He talks to kyle non stop about his favorite things. All of his journal writings are about kyle and how he cant wait for him to come home and that he hopes he wins the war. We all Are sooo beyond excited to have him home!!!

Also Big news...... The Dowdys will be headed Back to the great town of Farmington NM. Dont act like your not excited! haha

Ok hope you all have a great weekend. I know I will!

2 comments:

court said...

i can't believe they are coming home! this deployment was easier on me, but harder on the kids & explaining it to them. thank goodness we never have to do this again! and i think you did amazing through it all! you are a strong girl! it'll all be over soon! YIPEE!

Amanda said...

So does that big news mean you are moving back? If so, I'm going to have to steal that baby boy cause he's too cute for words.

`