Thursday, April 17, 2008

Moving and Surgery

So we have had a real busy week. On Monday we went to look for a new place to move into since we have to be out of our house next week. We found a beautiful townhouse. I will post pics soon. We totally lucked out. On Tuesday I went in for a check up with my OB. It was my first check up since I had my IUD put in. Well he couldn't find it. So he sent me to get an ultrasound and they still couldn't find it. So off to the hospital I go to get an X-Ray. They found it but an X-Ray doesn't show exactly where it is, it just says that it is there. So I'm off to get a cat scan. And low and behold there is the IUD right next to my left ovary! It went straight through my uterine wall and was hanging out by my ovary. So I had to get emergency surgery so they could get the dang thing out. They tried to do Laproscopic surgery first but they couldn't find it so they had to cut open my stomach and feel around until they found it. So I am now home and have my wonderful mom and husband doing everything for me. Who would have guessed I would be one of the little percentage that happens too. ME!!! I think I need another vacation or at least a little pick me up. I def could get my hair done that always cheers me up. Hope you are all having a better week then the Dowdys!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

You know what I have heard more and more of these stories about the IUD and I have to say I am so glad I went with the Nuva ring!! My sister had to get little surgery also to get her IUD out cuz they couldnt find it. I hope you recover fast and well. P.S. If you lived here I would def do your hair!!!!

Brittney said...

Yep I do hair and would love to do yours! Yes and we can finally meet:) When will you guys be here? We should plan something to do when you guys get here and if you need your hair done well then I guess I can do it:) Let me know!

Megan said...

I am so sorry! That is a little scary! Hope you are feeling better! Glad you guys found a town house!

Jen Tornow said...

You know, whenever I hear about IUDs, I think that I could never get one. Now I definitely won't! I'm glad you are doing so well. I'm sure that must be so stressful when you are trying to move and have an infant and another child. You poor thing!

`