Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2 1/2 Months


In two in a half months Kyesun will be starting Kindergarten! I have had so many emotions running through my head ever since we registered him for school. It is so crazy how fast things fly by. We still have almost 3 months, but I just can't get a grip. I am scared and happy at the same time. There is just so much crap out in the world today and it worries me to death. I wish I could wait just a couple of more years. LOL. I absolutely love being a stay at home MOM, these past 5 almost 6 years have been such a wonderful learning experience. There are so many ups and downs and rights and wrongs, but you learn from it all. It is going to be so weird no having Kyesun around with me all day and I am going to miss him bugging me all the time. I am so crying right now... What a loser right..... Kyesun has taught me patience, understanding, happiness, and so much more including how to be a mom all at 17! I LOVE this little boys with all my heart and don't get me wrong I am excited for him to make some new friends and get a great education but I also just want him to be my little boy forever...... So anyways this is what has been going on with me lately. I am excited for all of Kyesuns new beginnings... And in 5 years from now when its Kaybens turn to start school you will probably be reading something like this all over again!



“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”

GO VIKINGS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin...it's is very exciting for Kyesun to be going to school, but I know how you feel just a SMALL portion...haha I however am not a mother, but my niece will be starting school half days in August as well...and I tell her all the time I am NOT ready for her to grow up...I want her to stay small forever...she assures me that "Tata, I am a big girl now, I have to grow up...I can't stay little forever" It is so amazing how fast they grow up. It is hard to let them go and be themselves, but think of all the wonderful time you will get to spend with Kayben like you did Kyesun! You have such a beautiful family Erin, and you have done a fabulous job raising not only Kyesun but Kayben too!!! :) I hope that one day when I become a mother, I can do half the job you have with your family!!!

Love you!

{Bryanna} said...

Erin I'm going through the same feelings! I cried reading this because I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Devin meets the deadline by just a few days so we decided to keep him home one more year. He would be the youngest in his class and wouldn't be six until first grade. But, I cry just thinking of kindergarten! I know that feeling of being scared and happy at the same time.!!
I got this in an email... just read it!

First Day Of Kindergarten School Poem

~Author Unknown~

He started school this morning,
And he seemed so very small.
As I walked there beside him
In the Kindergarten hall.

And as he took his place beside
the others in the class,
I realized how all too soon
Those first few years can pass.

Remembering, I saw him as
he first learned how to walk.
The words that we alone made out
When he began to talk.

This little boy so much absorbed
In learning how to write.
It seems as though he must have grown
To boyhood overnight.

My eyes were blurred by hastily
I brushed the tears away
Lest by some word or sign of mine
I mar his first big day.

Oh how I longed to stay with him
And keep him by the hand
To lead him through the places
That he couldn't understand.

And something closely kin to fear
Was mingled with my pride.
I knew he would no longer be
A baby by my side.

But he must have his chance to live,
To work his problems out,
The privilege to grow and learn
What life is all about.

And I must share my little boy
With friends and work and play;
He's not a baby anymore --
He's in Kindergarten today.

Teresa :) said...

Hey Erin, that is so cute. I am totally opposite I cant wait for Jayda to go to Kindergarten. She is soooo ready and has been for like the last 2 years. I hope that doesnt make me a bad mom. :) haha

Megan said...

I can't believe that he is already that old! Holy Cow! He is so stinkin cute though!

Shar said...

Wow. A little kindergartner! I can't believe it. He'll love it!

I know I'll either bawl like a baby, or jump for joy when Brett goes. We'll see.

Amanda said...

It was good to see you the other night. We need to get together more. Kayben is so stinkin cute too! Love his mohawk hair!

`