Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where are you

Where have you gone? I need you desperately and cant seem to find you anywhere. I have been searching for you for so long. Where is the confidence, the security, the trust, the motivation, the strength. I have lost you and long for you to come back!
Where am I? that's what I have been asking my self lately. I think I really need to get out of my rut because I am going nuts. I cant seem to find MOTIVATION to do anything. I am constantly cleaning everything. And it seems like it never ends. I have lost my confidence in my self and I need that back. I am sick of caring about what others think.
I just need to be ME!
So today things are going to change. NO more caring about others opinions. NO more sitting on the couch at night and watching movies. NO MORE RUTS!!
Its time for me to move on. So today I will do just that. I am going to workout. I am going to get registered for school. I am going to go tanning. I am going to get my self confidence back. I will not let others bring me down, I am going to be a STRONG me like I once was. I am going to live for today. I am going to smile and keep my head up. Every time My boys smile at me I will give them the biggest hug and kiss. Every time Kyle calls I am going to talk his ear off. I will CHERISH every moment I have with him like it was my last!
I am going to LOVE my life!
So TODAY I am going to so GOODBYE old one and HELLO new ME!
"Sometimes we feel that because difficulties come, the LIGHT in our lives becomes meaningless. We forget that the Lord didn't promise to keep the fog away- but he did promise that there would always be light."
Karl T. Haglund

3 comments:

{Bryanna} said...

RIGHT ON ERIN! I love this because your determination is awesome. What your family is going through is so tough, but you have the right attitude! I really admire you!!! You are such a wonderful mother and wife!

You have motivated me!! I have been having a hard time with finding "me" time as a mom. I am learning to put myself first. I have a hard time finding time for "me" time and making the choice of doing chores over working out or something :) lol.. It's so hard to do, but look at it this way....

(I got in a email)

Be a Woman First, A Mom Second.
The key to a healthier, stronger, happier family is a mom who puts herself first. In fact, she needs to be selfish sometimes: to make her self-care a top priority.

The greatest gift a mom can give her children is her own happiness. When a mom nurtures herself as well as her children -- balancing her own needs with her family's -- everyone benefits.

I love your honest, awesome post! You rock! And I love that quote to!!
Love ya,
:) Bryanna

{Bryanna} said...

hey! what you do is get a RED envelope (found at party stores,ect.) then address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington , D.C. 20500

On the back you should write:

"This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion.
It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world."

Thats it. This would be a great way for all the pro-life people out there to let Pres. Obama know that they don't approve of killing innocent babies. The envelopes represent the innocent blood shed through abortion, and the plea for the blood of Jesus over the sin of our nation. This campaign is a symbolic act to flood the mail with red. The more we send, the more powerful this symbol will be!

LOVe ya
Bryanna

The Evans said...

I love this post Erin! Way to go. I think all moms can relate to this post at some point in their life. Props to you for being so strong with Kyle gone. I don't know how you do it. Here's to a safe return!

`